Friday, August 3, 2012

Jake's Desk is Finally Done



I have been working on Jake's and Jenny's desks for about 4 years now. I have finally completed Jake's. Jenny's is about half way. I still have the drawers to do on Jenny's. It is fun but takes a lot of time. I love wood working. It amazes me how a rough piece of wood can be worked with and sanded and if enough time and effort is put in it will turn into something beautiful. I like knotty wood. I think it gives character to the wood even though I have to work around them a little I try to leave them in. Look at the top of the desk there are some beautiful knots. I used all walnut for Jake and Jenny's desks. The walnut was purchased from a friend who didn't need it anymore. I got a great price! I built Katie and Heidi each a desk but theirs were out of oak. They are very pretty also. I should take a picture of them and post also, maybe another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment