Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Food


If you haven't figured out yet, I love to eat therefore I like to cook too. Here is a picture of tonight's supper. First time for butt chicken. I have my choice, it is called butt chicken or beer can chicken and since I don't drink I guess I will choose butt chicken. Maybe Jenny can come up with a better name for it. I used apple cider inside the chicken. It took a little getting used to how hot or cold rather my grill was when it was closed. It was supposed to cook for 50 minutes and I cooked it for 1 hour and 40 minutes. It was very good! I wish I would have taken a picture when it was finished but this is it after I decided to turn up the heat. I found that if I lite both burners and put them on low it is just right.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very good. Is this the beer butt chicken or volcano? Looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is the Emeril cookware pan I was telling you about. It is great I love it. I wonder if I bought one of the cheaper wire can holders for $5 - $10 if I could then just set it in a large cast iron skillet and have basically the same thing. I bought mine at Nebraska Furniture Mart for $29 but I can't find them on the internet for anything less than $49. That is kind of steep, I really like mine though.

    ReplyDelete